The Business Analyst is responsible for evaluating product needs and defining requirements for the software-as-a-service division of a mortgage unit. The candidate will evaluate the needs and gaps in the automation for both end users and internal technical functions and will provide effective solutions via user stories and requirements in an agile environment. The Business Analyst will conduct grooming sessions with engineering and quality assurance teams prior to items being added to product backlog and will complete user acceptance testing of items delivered by engineering. Additionally, the Business Analyst may participate or conduct user feedback sessions and product use documentation, such as user guides and job aids.
The Business Analyst may also assist with other duties, which may include: demonstrations of the product, client/end-user acceptance testing, responding to client concerns, or other items as dictated by business need.
Key responsibility areas
- Attend daily status calls with Engineering and Quality Assurance for automation team and, as needed, product team
- Write product requirements into epics and user stories
- Evaluate product needs based upon business revenue drivers and existing functionality
- Complete user acceptance testing and facilitate end-user/client acceptance testing
- Provide Train the Trainer classes and job aids for technical concepts to both essential personnel and non-technical audiences
- Assist in creation of user stories for automation items into product features
- Work closely with Product Management on
- Implementations to ensure all automation needs are being met.
- Conduct sprint planning sessions and retrospectives with Automation teams
- 2+ years of experience on a product team preferred
- Must be tech savvy, self-motivated, and a strategic thinker
- Ability to grasp highly technical concepts quickly
- Experience working remotely and effectively with teams working opposite shifts
- Polished presentation skills in front of various sized audiences
- Knowledge of mortgage industry is a plus
- Must be able to work closely with product and development teams for implementation
- Ability to meet dates effectively
- Ability to travel occasionally, as needed
- Must have organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to balance multiple issues and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer and software skills are required, particularly JIRA, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with products in an agile environment is required