This position will report to a QA Manager. He / She will be responsible for the test documentation for the required web application testing, making sure that the software adheres to the standards set by the development company. Knowledge on software testing tools is a must and excel working knowledge is a must have. Preferably a graduate from Engineering background.
In addition, they will be in charge of analyzing QA deliverables to ensure high quality and eliminate any leakage to production. They are responsible for overseeing the correct functioning of software and ensuring company requirements are met prior to the UAT release. And, to troubleshoot production issues using complex industry test strategies to arrive upon the root cause analysis and know how to mitigate the same with the required precautionary test methods. They work closely with different teams in their organization, plan, review and execute test plan, lead testing procedures, and create detailed reports. They also help train support staff, participate in mentoring tasks, document product defects, and participate in requirement reviews as needed, they also design test approaches. Senior QA analysts work directly with software developers and project management to form cohesive goals, and they are required to be able to work by themselves with minimal supervision.
Overall should be able to establish test metrics, mentor team members, as well as develop and follow the test strategies per the audit process with continuous review of each and every task in QA.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Defining the testing activities for subordinates – testers or test engineers.
- Resource planning, scope assessment, testing framework, communication plan, reporting templates, defect reports, change management.
- To check if the team has all the necessary resources to execute the testing activities.
- To check if testing is going hand in hand with the software development in all phases.
- Enhance testing capabilities guided by standard best practices (Scrum), policies and procedures.
- Prepare the status report of testing activities.
- Coordinate with business analysts and development teams to assess requirements and engage in project review and status meetings.
- Updating project manager regularly about the progress of testing activities.
- Participation in review of test cases of all the modules.
- Updating/Review Traceability Document.
- Working closely with Senior Management and operations Counterparts.
- Beta testing to evaluate new software to meet project requirements and responsible for QA approvals.
- Test sign off on completion of testing, and follow up on UAT.
- Report environment changes that effect clients (internal or external) to the Director of Application Engineering and QA.
- Graduated from Any engineering background such as BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech or BCA/MCA.
- With at least 6 to 10 yrs. of experience in QA Testing.
- Very strong handling experience in managing automation test projects.
- Expertise and specialization in Selenium built automation framework starting from scratch to aid with regression and other repeatable tests.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and come up with solutions to meet project needs.
- Client satisfaction with zero leakage to production.
- Punctuality and on time delivery per the ETA.
- Team co-ordination and Team work.
- Being proactive and continuous review of QA work & QA reports.
- Participation in all project related meetings.
- Client facing with strong written and verbal communication.
- Must have led a team of minimum 1 or more automation engineers.
- Manual Testing for Web applications; Functional & Non-functional.
- Nice to have automation Testing with Java coding (preferably Selenium).