Indecomm is looking for a Team Leader – Underwriting (Originations). The ideal candidate will be in charge of guiding, monitoring, and leading an entire group of underwriters.
The Team Leader – Underwriting (Originations) role requires the individual to have deep-rooted subject matter expertise, process expertise, and proficiency in reporting and data analysis. They will be expected to contribute towards process improvement initiatives. The individual shall be responsible for motivating their teammates as well as inspiring positive communication within the team so that the entire group can work together toward achieving the set goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and document respective process requirements.
- Supervise production workflows and work queues to optimize the team’s performance.
- Provide floor support and help team members as needed.
- Maintain relevant reports as per the required standards and stakeholders’ norms.
- Workflow Management – Monitor workflow to ensure tasks are completed within timeliness standards which are, in turn, driven by the SLA.
- Perform weekly quality assessments of assigned analysts, provide timely feedback, and communicate any issues or concerns to the management.
- Monitor volumes and adjust them based on traffic and patterns.
- Create progressive performance improvement and growth plans with clearly-spaced, action-oriented steps.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of industry standards and guidelines.
- Meet daily targets and all SLAs as communicated.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management.
- Graduate with 3-4 years of team management/handling experience is a must.
- Should have been a Team Leader for at least two years in an underwriting process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to understand, comment, and communicate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to calculate all types of income, assets, and appraisal reports, interpret overlays, identify red flags, review credit, and keep track of all review activities.
- Analytical and decision-making skills based on verifiable findings and facts.
- Competence in MS Office applications and excellent presentation skills.
- Prior experience handling and interacting with clients.
- Well-versed in US Federal and State compliance regulations.
- Knowledgeable in fundamental ISO-level reporting requirements.
- Well-versed in process documentation requirements.
- Willingness to work in any shift.