Team Leader – Underwriting Originations
Indecomm is looking to hire a Team Leader for Underwriting (Originations). The selected candidate will be in charge of guiding, monitoring, and leading a group of individual contributors. He/she will be tasked with motivating and inspiring positive communication within the team so that they can work together and achieve the desired goals. The role requires deep subject knowledge, process expertise, proficiency in reporting, data analysis, and a flair for process improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise production workflows and work queues.
- Provide floor support and help team members on a need basis.
- Maintain relevant reports as per the required standards.
- Monitor workflow to ensure tasks are completed within the deadlines and standards set in the SLA.
- Perform weekly quality assessments of assigned analysts, provide timely feedback, and communicate any issues or concerns to the management.
- Monitor and adjust volumes based on traffic patterns.
- Create progressive disciplinary actions and development plans.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of industry standards and guidelines.
- Meet daily targets and all SLAs as communicated.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management.
- Graduate with 3-4 years of team management/handling experience.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Team Leader for an underwriting process.
- Well-versed in US federal and state regulations related to compliance.
- Needs to have prior experience handling and interacting with clients.
- Conventional loan underwriting know-how is mandatory.
- FHA, VA loan underwriting knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to calculate all types of income, assets, and appraisal reports is needed. Also needs to interpret overlays, identify red flags, review credit, calculate assets, and other review activities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to understand and update comments, and communicate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and document various process requirements.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to make fact-based decisions.
- Excellent presentation skills and competence in MS Office Suite.
- Prior knowledge of basic ISO-level reporting requirements.
- Willingness to work in any shift.