A Trainer role for underwriting requires the individual to have end to end underwriting knowledge expertise & be proficient with end to end training management, content building, identifying training opportunities, formulating TNA & contribute towards process improvement initiatives.
Key responsibility areas
- Problem solving ability and conduct refresher sessions for operation staff whenever necessary.
- Provide floor support & help team members on need basis.
- Conduct regular feedback sessions with trainee members.
- Create & maintain training documents &/or material as per institutional requirements.
- Maintain relevant reports as per the required standards.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of industry standards and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Identify and document respective process requirements.
- Well versed with training documentation requirements.
- Perform detailed underwriting analysis on all Mortgage loan products including calculating all income types (e.g. wage earner, retirement, self-employed), calculating complex financial analysis as needed, analyzing real estate appraisals to determine if collateral is acceptable, analyzing title report and lien information, reviewing all financial statements, and reviewing all additional documentation to determine accuracy and compliance with portfolio and investor guidelines prior to approval.
- Ensure that all loan files are documented per portfolio and investor guidelines to ensure marketability.
- Verify that all underwriting exceptions are thoroughly documented.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Mortgage Lending products, policies, processes, and required documentation for Government-Sponsored Enterprise (GSE), Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and portfolio products.
- Adhere to all compliance regulations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in delivering trainings.
- Eye for detail, reporting, problem solving, handling escalations.
- Good Verbal and written communication skills required to understand and update comments and communicate with various stake holders.
- Competent with MS office applications.
- Competent with power point & needs to have excellent presentation skills.
- Needs to have prior experience with handling & interacting with clients.
- Well versed with US federal and state regulations related to compliance.
- Need to work with less supervision.
- Willingness to work in Night shift.
- Flexible to work from office or home, as per requirement.