Indecomm is looking to hire a QA Underwriter to validate the responses on quality assurance findings and report findings, and to recommend corrective actions. The person selected for the role will provide timely reporting to the management, monitor quality findings, and offer resolutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Meet daily targets and all SLAs as communicated.
- Review and verify the loan against supporting documentation.
- Analyze loan risk and request additional information as needed.
- Prepare/input reports on assessment findings.
- Check loan eligibility decisions and the correctness of approving or rejecting applications.
- Review and specify loan conditions as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards, company policies, and guidelines.
- Document and communicate reasons for the approval/rejection of loans.
- Return loans with additional feedback to the loan underwriter for review
- Upgrade information on processing and underwriting systems to verify, add, delete or waive conditions.
- Recommend areas of improvement to underwriters.
- Assist with training on updates for underwriters and origination FTE if required.
- A graduate with 3 – 4 years of relevant experience.
- Well-versed in Conventional, FHA, and VA Underwriting.
- US mortgage loan origination knowledge is preferred.
- Non-QM/FHA/VA underwriting knowledge would be an added advantage.
- Experience in loan underwriting/Underwriting QA.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written), strong data analysis skills,
and high mathematical aptitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and automated underwriting systems.
- Willingness to work in any shift.