Effective Date: May 25, 2018
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. It allows us to recognize your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions. Cookies can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies cannot access any other information on your computer.
Types of cookies used
We use the following two types of cookies:
- Persistent / Permanent cookies: Persistent cookies help us recognize you as an existing user, so it’s easier for you to return to our website without signing in again. After signing in, the persistent cookies stay on your browser and will be read when you return to our website. These remain on your computer/device for a pre-defined period.
- Session cookies: Session cookies only last for as long as the session exists (they get erased when the user closes the browser).
|Cookie Name||Description||Cookie Category||Expiry|
|_ga||Used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website||Statistics||2 years|
|gat||Used to throttle request rate||Statistics||Session|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how visitor uses the website||Statistics||Session|
|Collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about visitor’s devices and behavior. Tracks visitors across devices and marketing channels||Statistics||Session|
|_pinterest_cm||Used by Pinterest to track usage of services.||Statistics||1 year|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.||Marketing||Persistent|
- Preferences: Cookies allow our website to remember information about you that changes the way the site behaves or looks, such as your preferred language or the region you are in. Remembering your preferences enables us to personalize and display advertisements and other contents for you.
- Security / Optimisation: Cookies allow us to maintain security by authenticating users, preventing fraudulent use of login credentials and protecting user data from unauthorized parties. We may use certain types of cookies which allow us to block many types of attacks, such as attempts to steal content from the forms present on our website.
- Processing: Cookies enable the website to work efficiently. Basis such cookies, we are able to deliver services that a website visitor expects, like navigating around web pages or accessing secure areas of the website.
- Communication: We may use information collected via cookies to communicate with you, for sending newsletters, seeking your opinion and feedback and providing you services and promotional materials.
Basis for lawful processing of cookies:
We process your cookies with your explicit consent. You can accept the cookies to be placed on your browser by clicking on the Allow Cookies or I Agree button. We seek to renew your consent every 12 months from the date of obtaining the consent.
The Company will perform a quarterly review of the cookie scan report to ascertain the count of identified cookies along with unclassified cookies, which would be classified and assigned a purpose using manual intervention within fifteen (15) days of extraction of the report. The consent of the visitors to the website to store necessary cookies, statistics cookies, marketing cookies and other categories of cookies post-classification will be sought online through a pop-up alert to regularize the same.
How do I turn off the cookies?
Your Privacy rights and whom to contact: