The world of mortgage underwriting is changing quickly with new systems, data, and automation solutions available to power faster, more informed decisions. But, the role of expert underwriting professionals is still essential in such a nuanced industry as real estate finance. With all the tools and technologies available to underwriters today, how do lenders determine what solutions serve to augment the underwriting function and what solutions are a distraction?
In this 30-minute discussion, Indecomm’s SVP, Product Management, Rachael Harris discusses the opportunity for greater tech-enablement in the underwriting function while Indecomm’s underwriting operations Director, Heather Cheney reinforces the critical human element. Will this candid discussion reveal the right balance between man and machine?
Points of discussion include:
• What defines “augmented underwriting”
• Overview of current systems, data, and automation solutions that can contribute to an augmented underwriting program
• Practical solutions vs. distractions in underwriting technologies
• Defining the role of an underwriting in augmented underwriting programs
• When does augmented underwriting make sense? When do lenders see the benefits of this approach?
Rachael Harris, SVP, Product Management
Heather Cheney, Director- Underwriting Operations